Hey there folks,
You wanted it, we wanted it - modding tools to create your very own adventures in Solasta. We didn't make any promises back during our Kickstarter as we weren't sure we'd be able to make it before launch... But today we're happy to announce the Dungeon Maker - a map editor that will be accessible in-game to each and everyone of you! And we're not just making promises with a few screenshots here - here's a full video to show you what the Dungeon Maker is, and how it works!
Will the Dungeon Maker be fully complete when Solasta 1.0 launches?
No, the Dungeon Maker will be in a beta state for quite some time - even after the 1.0 launch of Solasta. In order to have a playable version of the Dungeon Maker and avoid putting the main game at risk, we've decided to start small and add features as we go (rather than being too ambitious from the start).
What are the current features of the Dungeon Maker?
- Freely create dungeon layouts using a selection of preset rooms
- Link multiple maps together to create larger dungeons
- One environment available for now, the Necropolis, with its set of environmental props to decorate your dungeon
- Almost all monsters and items from Solasta: Crown of the Magister main campaign to create your encounters and loot
- A selection of traps (just a few for now) to punish greedy adventurers
- Easy to share online, it's a simple .json file in a folder. We plan to add Steam Workshop later on so it becomes even easier to share.
What are the future features planned for the Dungeon Maker?
Provided we see people using the Dungeon Maker, we plan to add a Quest system, Merchants and other environments. After that... time will tell!
Can I import my own monsters / items in the Dungeon Maker?
No, at least not using the official Dungeon Maker tool on its own. That being said, it might become possible through the use of other community-created mods, as some have already started to create new classes and archetypes - so new items / monsters may not be an impossibility in the long run!
Where can I share my creation / download other people's Dungeon Maker maps?
While Solasta will eventually be on Steam Workshop later, in the meantime you could always take a look at Nexusmod - where you can already find mods from community members adding new feats, archetypes and other creative ideas! Note that we (Tactical Adventures) do not guarantee anything when it comes to user created mods - some may not work at all.
When will the Dungeon Maker be available?
Soon! That's all we can tell you for now :D
A little glimpse at the Adventure Book
Many of you Kickstarter Backers have been asking about the progress of our physical goods. We're happy to announce that we've finished working on the digital version of the Adventure Book - a short adventure included in the Adventure Box - and will be moving onto completing the Adventure Box next, before starting the layout of the main Solasta Setting Sourcebook (which currently sports a meaty 180 pages!)
This short adventure will take your party from level 1 to level 4 by diving deep into the Ruins of Carillach Gar!
The Adventure Book should contain everything to help new DMs run their adventure without additional material
Read our previous articles here:
- Cracking Open The Difficulty Settings
- Dev Diary #28 - Side Quests, Monsters and... Digging?
- Kickstarter Rewards - February Update
Article by Tactical Myzzrym