Hello there folks!
Although we only had the budget and manpower to release Solasta 1.0 with 6 classes (7 with the Sorcerer), we've always hoped we'd be able to one day have all the official classes implemented in-game. And with your constant support and positive reception, we can confirm at last that the last three classes are indeed coming in a yet undisclosed date in the future! But that's not all. Those of you who've followed us for some time know that we've always worked hand in hand with our community - and today we are once again showing that it is a promise we keep. It is time... For a new Wishing Well Event, this time for the Warlock, Bard & Monk!
What is the Wishing Well?
The Wishing Well is an event where everyone gets to submit design ideas for the Community Subclasses that we’ll implement in-game for remaining classes – one for the Warlock, one for the Bard and one for the Monk. Just like the Stone Barbarian and the Wind Druid (you can find the previous results here), these community subclasses will be available when the classes are released in our next DLC.
We (Tactical Adventures) will be going through the submissions to select ideas that we find really cool, and either implement them as such, or tweak them to fit the game (for instance if the feature sounds really great but is too complex to implement, we’ll adapt or simplify it). The name (or nickname) of those we’ll use ideas from will be added in the game’s credits as Community Designers, and they will also receive an exclusive title on our Discord Server, a Steam Key for our next DLC as well as the PDF of the Solasta Sourcebook.
When is the Wishing Well taking place?
The Wishing Well starts now and ends on Sunday June 19th 2022 at 11:59 pm PDT.
What are the rules of the Wishing Well?
- Please only participate once per person, i.e. 1 submission maximum per class
- Please do not submit existing designs taken either from official sourcebooks or existing homebrew (unless it’s your own homebrew and you’re willing to share of course)
- You do not need to submit a complete design – for instance, if you have cool ideas for a level 3 and level 6 features, but nothing for level 10 and 14, you can still submit something!
- Please note that by participating, you agree to Tactical Adventures using the content you submitted. The legal guidelines can be found here, if you’re proficient in legalese and want to dig into the documents. Long story short: If you submit something, you allow us to use it!
- Please note that we may adapt and modify the design you submitted
- Please note that we may select features from different submissions to create both community subclasses (as in, picking a level 3 feature from one submission, and a level 6 feature from another one…)
How do I participate to the Wishing Well?
Simply submit your ideas in this Google Form!
- Warlock: https://forms.gle/2ux6NS1mwjrAKw5t5
- Bard: https://forms.gle/Z6p5S3yhMEUaGuB49
- Monk: https://forms.gle/xfgDxJMZVAHAxmLF7
How will I know if my submission is selected?
Before releasing the DLC (date not yet revealed), we will announce which ideas we selected (and some personal favorites as well) in a news post just like this one – and the name or nickname you put in the Google Form will also be added to the in-game credits as Community Designer.
Alright folks, this is the end for today! As always thank you for reading, we can’t wait to see what crazy ideas you have in mind! Also, check out our Forums and our Discord Server to chat with other players!
Article by Tactical Myzzrym