It is finally time to reveal the date of our upcoming DLC. Barbarian, Druid & Half-Orc enthusiasts around the world rejoice - in two weeks, you'll be able to roam free in Solasta with a squad full of them and lay down some savagery upon them Sorraks!
That being said, not even news that exciting will deprive you of your scheduled dose of fluff
Solasta turns 1 year old Today!
Exactly one year ago, Solasta went live on Steam Early Access. The campaign would take you up to the end of Dark Castle, we still had our homebrew lighting system and thousands of adventurers died on a daily basis against the tutorial Greyback Wolf. There are plenty of fun tidbits we can share from that time, here are a few for old times' sake:
- Soraks would shove you without question into instant game-over pits in the caves of Caer Lem - as there were no "floor" back then in the fragmented ruins room. Much salt was spilled over monsters using "cheap" tactics by doing that.
- The tutorial Greyback Wolf had by far the highest killcount of any monster, due to the fact that we did not highlight the disengage option back then. And since many new players don't read tutorial pop-ups, they would try to fight back and get mauled to death.
- The Crown Room fight was hard. Very hard. Even experienced 5e players would often struggle if RNG were not in their favor - and remember we had no difficulty options back then.
- Flying Snakes in Caer Lem would deal 3d4+1 poison, so they could easily one shot your spellcasters. Newer players could easily get slaughtered there.
If you're interested, let us know in the comments and we'll share more anecdotes in the future as we go through the various major Early Access updates and what they brought to the game.
Primal Calling DLC available on November 4th
For those of you who've not been around Solasta for the last few weeks, here is what you can expect from the Primal Calling DLC:
- The Barbarian Class, with its 3 subclasses: Path of the Berzerker (SRD), Path of the Magebane (Solasta), Path of Stone (Community)
- The Druid Class, with its 3 subclasses: Circle of the Land (SRD), Circle of Kindred Spirit (Solasta), Circle of Winds (Community)
- The Half-Orc Ancestry
- The Wanderer Background, with its brand new background quest located in Copparan
What's this "Community" Tag you may ask? Well, both Druid & Barbarian were part of the Wishing Well Event where everyone could submit their own archetype that they'd like to see implemented in-game. We then sorted through all those wonderful ideas and created Community subclasses from them!
Free Content Update Incoming!
Adventuring hasn't been kind to you lately and you don't got no gold to buy them goods? Worry not, we've got you covered. With the Primal Calling DLC also comes a fat content update - and everyone gets it for free! Aside from the usual bug fixes, here are some of the large changes or additions you can look forward to:
- You can finally skip the tutorial. Dry your tears of joy, serial rerollers, it's time to jump straight into the adventure.
- Max level 10? How about max level 12, how does that sound? With them level 6 spells and all.
- Our characters' faces may not be the prettiest around, but you'll now be able to add scars and face paints. Some more customization can't hurt!
- Was the final encounter of the campaign a little too easy? We made it harder for you.
- The Campaign Creator is here. What is the Campaign Creator? A new feature that allows you to bundle custom dungeons together, create custom monsters, items, NPCs and merchants. It's still in development though, so not every parameter can be tweaked yet.
- The Dungeon Maker now has a Town Interior & Exterior environment! Custom campaigns can now have main hubs where your party can safely rest, trade, and chat with NPCs in-between dungeons!
Skip Intro can be found right under the Difficulty Setting
Facial paint and scars are now on the menu
Campaign Creator - Make your campaign, customize your world!
Town Exterior Environment - Make your own little town, with merchants and gardens!
Town Interior Environment - Time to relax in a cozy little tavern
Article by Tactical Myzzrym