Hello there folks,
We hope you're enjoying the 1.0 release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister! We're already hard at work on the next hotfix patch, although some issues might take a bit longer than the rest.
Solasta 1.0 Dev Stream starting now!
Come and hang out with us as we discuss the game, the journey up until launch and other nerdy things like game development. 10 am EST / 4 pm CEST, see you there! https://twitch.tv/tacticaladventures
Steam Beta Branch available now
1.0 is no reason to stop working on those bugs and fixes, and so we're releasing a beta branch for those of you who want check up the upcoming update on Steam! Just head to your steam library, right click Solasta, open properties, go to the beta tab and put the password SolastaHotfix
This will give you access to the beta branch asmolupdate which we've been working on for some time since the 1.0 certification process. For those who don't know, we stop working on the 1.0 about a week before the actual release to pass various platform certifications, so in the meantime we've been working on additional stuff.
Known Bugs and Workarounds
With the 1.0 release we've unfortunately run into a few annoying bugs, that we'll be working on to fix as soon as we can:
- The biggest one is the black screen / clouds / crash when starting the campaign due to a missing video codec. Workaround here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1096530/discussions/1/2998794978528957168/?ctp=2
- If you had mods installed before, your saves may not work anymore! Remember that using mods may cause issues with the game itself.
- Some people are also running into Unity crashes (small popup with a "!" on top of a Solasta logo). Unfortunately this is due to the engine and not the game itself, but we'll try to see if we can do something about it! Most of them are due to hardware issues (low specs, overheat, overclocking...) so no promises here.
- Some people are reporting issues with the Return the Sword to Merton quest. We've spotted the issue and will be working on a fix!
- Some beards and hair are not sticking to the characters face! We know about this and we're working on a fix
GOG & Backer Items
Due to the large amount of work needed to maintain several platforms and the fact that the Kickstarter originally only promised a Steam version, creating, testing and maintaining Kickstarter DLCs on multiple platforms was just not viable. As the GOG Backer Key was an additional reward we gave every backer on top of their Steam Key you won't have access to the Backer Items on GOG, only on Steam
I enjoy the streaming Emile good hosting :D
Guardian of faith not working..
Tome of Wisdom not working...